Fall ’09 Fashion Color Report

13 Feb

pantonefallcolors1

lacoste2You’ll want to listen to Tim Gunn when he tells you to use Tide TotalCare to keep your colors vibrant because Pantone, the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems, has announced their Fashion Color Report for Fall 2009! FabSugar reports, “‘the most popular colors for Fall really represent a thoughtful palette. That’s a direct outcome of what’s happening in the world around us,’ said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, who also noted that somber yet hopeful colors reflect the troubling economy.”lacosteyellow

As seen in the above color swatches, Pantone has chosen subtle colors that are classic and easy to wear. Colors such as American Beauty, Purple Heart, Honey Yellow and Rapture Rose are just some of the unique colors featured all over the runways during New York Fashion Week. Lacoste is a prime example of using these dusty colors during their Fall ’09 show.

Consumers are looking for colors that compliment each other. Bright and flashy colors are too trendy for people to wear time and time again. Wearing the more muted tones makes it easier to mix and match with the unique and fun pieces purchased when we actually could afford to splurge. Consumers are becoming more thrifty and conscious of what they buy, so it is imperative for colors to be versatile.

Check out the full list of Fall colors and their descriptions at FabSugar.

Photo: FabSugar Reveals Top 10 Fall Colors

Photo: Coutorture: Lacoste Fall 2009 NY Fashion Week

Advertisements

8 Responses to “Fall ’09 Fashion Color Report”

1. Kasey February 13, 2009 at 1:38 am #

Ohh, thanks for the tip! Great palette–and great blog.

• sessary February 13, 2009 at 10:34 am #

Kasey,

I agree. I love that the Pantone top Fall colors are feminine and timeless.

Best,

Sarah

2. dailydozen creative February 13, 2009 at 2:52 am #

funny thing about tim gunn is that he never had any fashion education and never worked in the industry. he has an MFA from yale. he was the dean of parsons. but when marie essex passed away, (she was the damn good chair of the fashion department when i went there), he headed the search and found (surprise!) himself. but i suppose he is good at what he does – entertainment.

deacon

• sessary February 13, 2009 at 11:38 pm #

DailyDozen Creative,

We all start somewhere!

Best,

Sarah

3. Hannah Smith February 13, 2009 at 3:17 pm #

I love it. I’m pretty sure I would actually look good in all of these colors. Thanks for the tip. Great post! I’m not really a fashion person, but I enjoy your blog.

• sessary February 13, 2009 at 11:38 pm #

Hannah,

I agree. These colors are easy for anyone to wear!

Best,

Sarah

4. Shailendra Singh March 4, 2009 at 2:42 am #

I also agree. These colors are easy to wear anyone.Really good collections.

5. digitalslr March 2, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am truly fan of the weblog…