17 Aug

Get ready for spring 2011 Fashion Week because it’s right around the corner: Sept. 9 – 16! Looking for a sneak peek in the tents before you take the trek to Bryant Park? Here’s a taste of how Harper’s Bazaar, “America’s first fashion magazine,” with the help of CFDA, is giving emerging accessories designers an opportunity to showcase their work alongside the best of American fashion during the New York Fashion Week Collections.

Harper’s Bazaar is putting on the first Accessories BAZAAR, sponsored by Willow Club, at Avery Fisher Hall. Featuring the spring 2011 collections of 18 jewelers, milliners, footwear, handbag and small leather goods designers including Alexis Bittar, Philip Crangi, Albertus Swanepoel, Alejandro Ingelmo, Fenton’s Dana Lorenz, Pamela Love and Dean Harris in a gallery-like setting, the Accessories BAZAAR is right in Lincoln Center, where the international press and representatives from the world’s most important retailers will be gathered to see what New York’s runways have in store for the season.

The exhibit kicks off with a cocktail party on Monday evening to celebrate the participating designers, and will be open all day Tuesday, September 14 and Wednesday, Sept. 15 to Fashion Week attendees.

“I am so thrilled to be a part of such a special presentation,” said Dana Lorenz. “The Accessories Bazaar is giving my jewelry an amazing showcase, in a setting that once was just for ready-to-wear. It is revolutionary!”

The exhibit will also highlight key spring 2011 accessories from established designers such as Phillip Lim, Thakoon, Ralph Lauren, Jason Wu, Rag and Bone, Michael Kors, and Calvin Klein.

“I’ve wanted to do this for years, and this is the perfect opportunity for us to partner with the CFDA to bring all of these talented accessories designers under one roof so that they have a chance to share their spring collections with all of the press and retailers that pass through Lincoln Center,” said Glenda Bailey, editor in chief of Harper’s BAZAAR.

“The CFDA is pleased to support Harper’s BAZAAR in bringing accessories to the forefront of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The Accessories Bazaar is an opportunity to create focus on an important category of the American fashion industry,” said Steven Kolb, executive director of the CFDA.

Here’s a rendering of the exhibit:

Advertisements

10 Responses to “Harper’s Bazaar Presents the Accessories BAZAAR at Spring 2011 Mercedes Benz Fashion Week”

1. Hilary August 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

love this. wish i could attend!

2. Sarah Essary August 29, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

You and me both, Hilary!

Best,
    Sarah

3. My brother proposed I might probably in this way website. He / she was once totally right. That offered basically produced our time. You are unable to look at substantial amount I did spent just for this facts! Thank you!

4. www.iherb.com January 27, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written
    by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty.
    You are wonderful! Thanks!

5. watch this video August 27, 2014 at 9:14 pm #

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It
    truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

6. internet marketing August 29, 2014 at 11:10 am #

If you are going for best contents like I do, just pay a
    quick visit this site everyday because it presents feature contents, thanks

7. export uk cars September 7, 2014 at 12:56 am #

Howdy! This blog post couldn’t be written any better!
    Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I’ll forward this post
    to him. Fairly certain he will have a very good read. Thank you for
    sharing!

8. sell your house fast for cash September 22, 2014 at 10:47 pm #

What i do not understood is in reality how you are no longer actually
    a lot more neatly-preferred than you might be right now. You are so intelligent.
    You realize therefore considerably with regards to this subject, produced me in my view imagine it
    from a lot of various angles. Its like men and women aren’t interested until it’s one thing
    to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs nice.

At all times maintain it up!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Hearst Magazine Digital Media Covers Fashion Week in Droves « Consuming PR - September 13, 2010

[…] Accessories Bazaar: Bazaar offers a peek at the accessories gracing the runway—and the designers behind them […]

2. Hearst Digital Media Covers Fashion Week in Droves « Consuming PR - September 13, 2010