It was such a pleasure to meet Evan and to find out he is just as authentic as Twitter is transparent in sharing public information in real time. He had a few quips I shared through my Twitter handle, @ConsumingPR, I’d like to now share with all of you here:
– Twitter CEO @EV says their T-times, where depts present their work every week, are the linchpin to the company’s success
– Twitter CEO feels that blog posts are better than press releases for announcements (source: @hopmonkey)
– Most successful people are those who are truly themselves. Like Napoleon Dynamite! – says Twitter CEO
– Why 140 characters? @EV says, It used to be, for SMS, 160 minus user name minus two. But that was too confusing.
– “Just unfollow,” says Twitter CEO @EV to a guy asking what to do when he reads dumb tweets.
– “A lot of things seem strategic in retrospect,” says Twitter CEO. “We didn’t plan the celeb thing on Twitter.”
– “I’m less likely to tweet when I’m drunk,” jokes Twitter CEO
Evan Williams on PR for Twitter
Where Will Twitter Be in 10 Years?